So you’re planning a total make-over of your old bathroom, and you’re just too excited as it will be happening a few days from now! You’re doing all the preparations and admit it¾there’s no single day that you haven’t been thinking an incredible furniture piece for your fresh, inviting room. Those fantastic fixtures you found in the magazine are just so elegant that you can’t help but want to buy them for your bathroom make-over. Who wouldn’t be excited, right? But, wait! There’s more to that.
Most people do not have the luxury of having a huge bathroom, or an old one that’s able to be updated with interesting and exciting decorating ideas. Decorations help in making your bathroom space more attractive and fresh. If you feel that your decorating ideas are not enough, follow these key ways to transform an old bathroom into a well-designed and inviting room:
- Use Wall-Mounted Furniture To Maximize The Space: It’s always a good feeling when you walk into a spacious, inviting room in your house. When space is limited, and you want to make the most out of your room, try the idea of incorporating wall-mounted furniture like shelving on the walls. Another trick to take up less space in your bathroom is to use wireframe furniture. Not only will they look nice, but you can also have a great place to store your towels. Your bathroom will look fresher and you’ll start to organize everything in it.
- Apply Light, Neutral Color Schemes To Create A Relaxing Atmosphere: When you’re decorating an old bathroom, the first thing that readily comes to mind is the color of the walls and everything in it. Yes, that’s true. If you don’t want to make your room narrow and tight, use light colors. Make sure to coordinate the colors of your room so that there will be flow and unity.
- Add Some Flowers To Display In A Small Vase: Make a flower arrangement to add to the calming atmosphere of the bathroom. You can order at the flower shop or pick some from your garden. Tulips can be a good choice. Place the flowers next to the mirror, so that they brighten up the space and are seen by family members and guests.
- Try A Long, Horizontal Sink If Bathroom Is Skinny: When you are left with no other choice but to turn an old bathroom into something amazing, you can perfectly do it by installing a long, horizontal sink. This kind of fixture best fits with small rooms that are long and at the same time skinny.
- Use Nice Wallpaper: When you think that your bathroom is too dull and lifeless, why not try adding some nice wallpapers? These wall coverings will provide a stylish focal point. Just be sure that your wallpaper matches the color of your wall and adds to the freshness of the room.
- Apply Simple Designs and Fittings: If you don’t have enough resources to buy sophisticated fixtures for your bathroom make-over, you have nothing to worry about. Simplicity is beauty. Using simple designs can trick your visitors into perceiving the room as airy. Small, simple decorations can also be wonderful for your small bathroom and are easy to incorporate.
- Use Of Large Mirrors: Do you want your bathroom to appear large? You can definitely take advantage of large mirrors. This fixture can produce an optical illusion to look as if the bathroom has more space, and open windows in the summer will bring freshness to the room.
- Consider A New Storage Solution: Your bathroom will look more organized when you craft a unique storage system around it. You can make use of every available space like one above your toilet. Space below the sink can also be utilized for some bathroom things. Baskets will also do.
- Use Hooks To Hang Towels or Plugs: Another cost-effective decorating trick you can use for your bathroom is placing hooks everywhere. Hooks help you keep your stuff organized while you’re using the bathroom. It’s completely neat and simple!
- Use A Nature-Inspired Shower Curtain: If you love the outdoors, why not bring it into your bathroom? Nature-inspired items such as a shower curtain can create a “nature” feel to the room. If you’re a nature lover, you’ll surely love it.
- Choose Beautiful And Eye-Catching Tiles: Decorate your bathroom with elegant tiles. Choose a pattern that makes your room inviting and fresh.
- Go For An “All White” Bathroom: Transform your old bathroom into an “all-white-themed” and ultra-inviting room. The color white increases its simplicity, and it can also make the room look larger.
- Add Some Ornate Details: If you like an artistic bathroom, adding ornate details is something great for a satisfying transformation. It complements elegance and beauty and can make the old bathroom look fresh and inviting.
- Use A Perfect Combination Of Materials and Textures: Combining materials and mixtures for a bathroom makeover is something that you’ll surely look forward to. This decorating idea gives your bathroom an “innovative” feel. Besides, it’s nice to come up with great ideas to experiment with when beautifying your room.
- Give Oriental Rugs A Try In Your Bathroom: When you want something different in your bathroom, and it’s large enough to hold one, utilize oriental rugs for the flooring. These can be great for an inviting bathroom.
- Think Outside Of The Box For More Appealing Designs: If you want the best for your bathroom transformation, don’t just rely on what you see in home decoration magazines or online. Look for an impressive theme that makes your bathroom a sophisticated one.
- Try A Farmhouse Wooden Wall Theme: When you want something that’s different and brings freshness into the old bathroom, make use of a farmhouse wooden wall. It gives an inviting yet peaceful feel in the room.
- Use Vertical Stripes and Other Attractive Floor Patterns: If you want to emphasize the size and design of your room, go with a combination of floor patterns, or maybe something simple will also do.
So, these are some of the key ways to turn an old bathroom into a fresh and inviting room. Decorating can be a fun and exciting process¾just be sure to check https://appliancereviewer.co.uk before you begin to fill your fresh new bathroom. If you want a fulfilling makeover experience, choose the a design that fits everything in the room and is suited to your taste and style.
Sara Worth is an expert reviewer and writer at Appliance Reviewer – a comprehensive and unbiased online guide, which helps readers to buy the right appliances for their home. She moved from Manchester to London where she studied electronics.
At the same time, she was working as a freelance writer and also pursued her passion to be an independent interior designer.
After graduating from university, she worked for over 10 years as an electronic engineer, consulting with some of the largest appliance manufacturers around the world. Sara has since joined the team at appliancereviewer.co.uk where she uses her vast knowledge of style and functionality to write about the best home appliances available on the UK market – Helping her readers to make an informed decision on their investment purchase without having to try each item first.
When she isn’t writing or fixing things around the house, Sara can be found enjoying live music with her friends, or relaxing in front of the fire with her dogs.